- Large scale systems, system reduction, nuclear reactor control, sliding mode control (continuous & discrete), power systems - stability & control, modeling, control & implementation of smart structures, space launch vehicles - stability & control, gas turbines - stability & control, flexible manipulators, stability & control of multirate output feedback based control (POF/FOS).
- Robust stability and control especially using quantitative feedback theory (QFT) techniprofNames, nonlinear system analysis and control, and reliable computing using interval analysis techniques.
- Optimal control, constrained and optimization based control, in particular, stochastic model-predictive/receding-horizon control.
- Nonlinear and adaptive control, geometric mechanics, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics.
- Cooperative control of multi-agent systems, resource allocation, team theory and its application, game theory, decentralized control, cooperative and network control.
- Reconfigurable hardware, embedded control systems, robotic path planning algorithms, hardware/software codesign.
- Switched and hybrid systems; control under communication and computation constraints; stochastic control; applications of stochastic process in engineering systems.
- Game theory, stochastic control, optimization, economics, information theory, combinatorics and systems biology.